35 is the number of ways that three things can be selected from a set of seven unique things also known as the "combination of seven things taken three at a time".
35 is a highly cototient number, since there are more solutions to the equation x - φ(x) = 35 than there are for any other integers below it except 1.
Since the greatest prime factor of 352 + 1 = 1226 is 613, which is obviously more than 35 twice, 35 is a Størmer number.
35 is a discrete semiprime (or biprime) (5 × 7); the tenth, and the first with 5 as the lowest non-unitary factor. The aliquot sum of 35 is 13 this being the second composite number with such an aliquot sum; the first being the cube 27. 35 is the last member of the first triple cluster of semiprimes 33,34,35. 85,86,87 is the second such triple discrete semiprime cluster.
35 is the highest number one can count to on one's fingers using base 6.
- Under NCAA rules for men's basketball, the offensive team has 35 seconds to attempt a shot.
- The jersey number 35 has been retired by several North American sports teams in honor of past playing greats or other key figures:
- In Major League Baseball:
- In the NBA:
- In the NHL:
- In MotoGP, 35 is the rider number of British rider, Cal Crutchlow.
In other fields
- 35 mm film is the basic film gauge most commonly used for both analog photography and motion pictures
- The minimum age of candidates for election to the United States Presidency.