This is a preview for the new MathML rendering mode (with SVG fallback), which is currently active on BETA Wikipedia and will be availble in production soon.
If you would like use the MathML rendering mode, you need a wikipedia user account that can be registered here []
- Only registered users will be able to execute this rendering mode.
- Note: you need not enter a email address (nor any other private information). Please do not use a password that you use elsewhere.
Registered users will be able to choose between the following three rendering modes:
PNG (currently default in production)
Here are some demos:
- Safari + VoiceOver (video only)
- Internet Explorer + MathPlayer (audio)
- Internet Explorer + MathPlayer (synchronized highlighting)
- Internet Explorer + MathPlayer (braille)
- From our testing, ChromeVox and JAWS 16 Beta are not able to read the formulas generated by the MathML mode. There is ongoing work by NVDA and Orca developers to support MathML, but at that time no public release is available.
- scaling: PNG, SVG, MathML
- math axis alignment: PNG, SVG, MathML
- MathML rendered on high contrast screen
- styling: PNG, SVG, MathML
- font family: Cambria, Latin Modern, TeX Gyre Bonum, TeX Gyre Schola, TeX Gyre Pagella, XITS.
- MathML add-ons: Copying TeX/MathML, Zooming.
To test the MathML, PNG, and source rendering modes, please go to one of the following test pages:
If you find any bugs, please report them at Bugzilla, or write an email to math_bugs (at) ckurs (dot) de .